Staying Safe Online
We are here to protect the interest of our users and ensure their safety from dubious characters. We cannot keep an eye on everyone so we try to give everyone opportunity to buy and sell on a clean ground by sharing advise as much as we can.
We do this with;
- Online safety tips published on our website.
- Ever ready customer support team either by email, social media or phone.
We always advise that if you seem suspicious of any deal, then take all necessary safety precautions. We encourage customers to meet buyers or sellers in a public place in daylight, and if possible go with a friend. If anything bad or suspicious happens, get in touch with us immediately.
If someone’s breaking our rules and a customer reports them, we can block them and delete their ad. If it’s a very serious issue, we encourage customers to call the police or any law enforcement agent.
Here are some of the safety basics to trade safe online;
- Try to meet in person. This gives you the chance to check what you’re buying before you pay.
- Check the item to ensure its real. Some products could be fake or copies, so be aware of this and check the item before you buy it.
- Try to pay cash. Some people are clever in taking your money when you pay online, so always aim for cash on delivery.
- Ask for paperwork. Especially when buying a car, bringing a pet home, or buying electronics. Ask for receipts or certificates to be sure of what you are buying.
- If someone’s paying cash, make sure you check the banknotes are real.
- If a buyer says they’ve sent you too much money then asks for the surplus back, it’s probably a scam. Ask your bank if any money has gone in.
If you still have questions contact us before you trade. Waiting till after may be too late. Talk to us on phone or tweet us @ng_tita.
If you are not using our Tita.ng Safeplace:
- Do not pay advance or full payment for an item you have not seen
- It is important to inspect the item
- Pay extra attention to unreasonable prices
- If the seller insist you pay first before item delivery please report the ad to us
- If you have being a victim of fraud pleasecontact us immediately
- Do not receive payment via cheque, moneygram or western union as a seller
- Avoid buyers or sellers requesting for any personal information
- Watch out for buyers located in foreign countries
- Always meet in public places
Your login details are personal, do not disclose it to anyone.
Remember, we can do it for you at Tita.ng Safeplace